Friday, January 18, 2008
I like Red Sage, I do, but I can't help myself...
Red Sage has a reputation for finding the next big stars in romance writing. Our author roster reads like a bestseller list. We’re also known for being a tough market to crack, but now we’re giving writers an opportunity to see their names added to the list of Red Sage stars!
To celebrate the growth of the Secrets line of anthologies and the launch of Red Sage Presents, our e-books line, we’re holding a writing contest. This is a great opportunity for two lucky winners to grow along with us!
Here at Red Sage, we admit to a certain fondness for the alpha male. He’s powerful. He takes what he wants. And he makes that one special woman want what he takes.
Does that last line make any sense?
Whether he’s charming or ruthless, passionate or stoic, the alpha male makes a great romantic partner for today’s strong, modern woman. And we want to see erotic romance novellas that explore the complex relationship between the alpha male and the modern woman.
The strong modern women who wants to be "taken" that as. As opposed to us throwback archiac weak dominatrices.
There will be two prizes awarded for the best stories. First prize will be publication in the Secrets anthology! Second prize will be publication as an e-book!
Epublication is second best, huh? It may be just me but I would tend to see epublication as a strategic decision made by the author at the point of manuscript submission.
And being published is a prize? because as that is the only prize I am not quite sure how this contest differs from just submitting a manuscript--other than the abstract notion of being declared a winner....
Here are the basic rules:
1. All entries must be original, unpublished erotic romance novellas of 25,000 to 35,000 words in English featuring an alpha male hero.
2. To enter, send a completed manuscript as an rtf file to Submissions@ eredsage. com with “Alpha Male Contest” in the subject line.
Only rtf formats will be accepted. All other formats will be automatically disqualified and deleted unopened. Include your full name, contact information, and credentials (if any) in your cover e-mail.
3. Entries must be received by March 31, 2008, at midnight eastern time. You may enter as many times as you wish. By entering, you are certifying that your entry is your original unplagiarized work, that you own all rights in this work, that this work has never been published, and that you are willing and able to publish it with Red Sage. Any entry not meeting these requirements will be automatically
4. In the event that none of the contest entries are deemed publishable, no winners will be declared. All entries will be reviewed by Red Sage editorial staff. All decisions are final. Non-winning manuscripts will be deleted at the conclusion of the contest.
5. For further tips on what Red Sage looks for in a manuscript, check our submissions guidelines at
http://www.eredsage .com/Writers_ Guidelines- sp8.html and our blog at
http://redsagerevea led.blogspot. com/
6. There is no fee for entering. Winners will receive a standard Red Sage publishing contract offer with standard Red Sage advance, royalties, and other terms.
7. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Red Sage Publishing
For the best erotic romance everybody loves Secrets, and now they also love RedSage.com!
Everybody? (...not including perhaps the gays and 'non-modern' women).