Friday, April 11, 2008
I have always been fairly dismissive of the idea that the ongoing series of implosions reflects badly on epublishing or erotic romance as a whole. However over the last few days I have now seem Highland Press referred to, several times and quite explicitly, as an e-publisher ("a small Tradesize press"--less than half of their are books available as ebooks) and at least once as an erotic romance press ("We're accepting submissions from every genre except erotica"). The logic seems to be that if a small press is going down the tubes to the sound of hysterical ranting and annoying Muzak, it must be an erotic romance epublisher?
If you missed the whole Highland/DeborahAnne MacGillivray saga, you can catch up here (in chronological order). But then, you might have something to better to do with your time....
* Playing the Amazon Game, or Gaming the System?
* Highland Press Warnings (Dear Author)
* Highland Press Warnings (UFL)
* Heiliger Mist!
* And The Fucktard of The Week Goes To…Deborah MacGillivray!
* Drama, drama, drama
* Author, Deborah MacGillivray Seems To Have Lied About Her True Position At Highland Press…
* Another kick in the guts from e-publishers
* Of Pineapples and Bananas
* People Who Need Boundaries