Queerteen Press publishes YA titles appealing to queer teens as well as their parents, teachers, and librarians. Books are available in electronic and print formats. A handful of titles are already available through QT Press, with several more scheduled for release in the early part of 2012.
We accept short stories, collections, and novel-length books in all genres of queer, literary, and genre fiction suitable for a young adult audience. This means books whose main characters are between the ages of 12 and 21.
- Electronic unsolicited submissions are accepted at any time.
- We do not accept multiple or simultaneous submissions.
- Submissions should include a QUERY LETTER, full SYNOPSIS, and 2,000 word EXCERPT in RTF format.
- Submissions are acknowledged within 2 business days.
- If we like your submission, we will request a copy of the full manuscript for review. Manuscripts must be in electronic format only. The review time is between 1-3 weeks.
- Authors earn 50% net royalties on all sales (e-book and paperback) from all distributors.
- Contracts are for a period of 2 years and auto-renew annually.
- We require exclusive electronic and print rights, but can negotiate if the story has been published in an anthology or collection.
YA Imprint of JMS Books LLC